Are you looking for high quality health insurance that is also affordable? Then you’ve come to the right place. However, there are sacrifices to make and essential steps to take. I’ll take you through a good number of them here…
1. Although a good number of individuals have realized that smoking increases their rates, they may not know that the same is also true if they use other tobacco products. Chewing or snuffing tobacco, for instance will cost you in higher rates. Staying away from all tobacco products will result in more affordable health insurance.
2. Although this may not be a problem for most people it should be said: Do not use drugs that have either been banned or have yet to be approved as they will make you attract higher insurance rates if discovered and that’s apart from the fact that you are endangering your health. Abusing drugs also will make you spend more in health insurance. Steer clear of self-medication also and you will definitely get lower rates than those who do not.
3. Knowledge, they say, is power. Knowing what is best for you helps you choose rightly. You need a certain level of knowledge for you to spot opportunities and as well know how to take them. You can get help on health-related issues from government agencies by calling their number toll-free. .Call the National Health Information Center at 1-800-336-4797 to if you want to make more inquiries.
4. Are you aware of the fact that your co-pay could be more expensive than the cost of your drugs? It might not be less expensive for you to buy a prescription from your purse (without using insurance). In such instances, you will save more by choosing the options that offer you more savings.
Being careful enough to always check will let you make massive savings over time.
5. Take advantage of free clinics if you want to reduce your health insurance rate. They will either reduce your co-payments or premium entirely. You can get professional medical advice, blood pressure checks and and other medical service at such free clinics. Clinics like these are usually some form of community service.
6. You’ll save a great deal if you get and compare as many quotes as you possible. Make out some time to visit not less than five insurance quotes sites that return quotes on health insurance policies. And, it will take you only about 25 minutes on the whole. (Some folks fill in information that are not quite correct about themselves. That is NOT a smart move. That isn’t smart since the quotes you’ll get this way won’t be of any use to you).